What are the signs that he is just interested in you as a friend? It can be hard to tell, but there are some definite signals. The following blog post offers 13 ways to tell if he is just interested in you as a friend. Read on for more information!
N.B: He, him, himself as used in this blog post, refer to both male and female.
1. It’s been more than two days since he texted you back, and he/she has not called you up at all.
Its been a long time since someone told me that they were interested in what I was saying but the actual scenario played out differently when it happened to me.
2. He barely makes eye contact with you. Few smiles here and there, but that’s it.
There are those people who smile at everyone because they don’t know how to show their interest in someone specifically. They will be interested when you’re the one talking but then they’ll go back to being themselves when the topic is changed or if you keep engaging them with your stories; They would look somewhere else and try to get out of it as soon as possible.
It is also important to note that if he looks at you but then turns away without making an effort to hold his gaze on yours, its a clear sign that he is not interested in what you have to say (or even see)
This can also be a sign that he/she is just shy.
3. He doesn’t touch you unless the touching benefits him in some way.
That’s right, I said it! If he does not touch you unless he feels like its going to benefit him somehow, then this person has no interest in you at all because any genuine relationship would have been built on the basis of trust and understanding.
4. You have told him something that made you vulnerable and showed your true self, but he didn’t reciprocate by telling you anything about himself too or share his personal struggles with you without making it seem like a competition -(like when two people refuse to share their darkest secrets with another person and let the other one win).
You have told him something that made you vulnerable and showed your true self, but he didn’t reciprocate by telling you anything about himself too or share his personal struggles with you without making it seem like a competition -(like when two people refuse to share their darkest secrets with another person and let the other one win).
Yeah that happened to me once, I told this girl who was interested in me about all my struggles and how much I have been through at work; she then looked at me and said thanks for sharing because “she felt bad for me.”
5. He doesn’t pay attention to you
He is always looking around as if he is bored or trying to check out someone else instead of paying attention to you.
If a woman’s eyes wander, it’s probably because they are checking out other guys or wondering what her friends are up to before making a decision on whether she should stay longer or leave sooner. Here is an article that might be helpful: How to Read a Girl’s Eyes
6. He barely says anything about you even when you try to start a conversation.
He barely says anything about you even when you try to start a conversation by mentioning something that happened between the two of you in the past or something that he’d said last week, but all he does is laugh and agree with you instead of elaborating on it.
When you probe him for an explanation, he looks at his phone as if he’s lost interest entirely.
The best way to tell if someone is interested in what you have to say is…if they keep asking question after question without giving up because they want to know more about who YOU are before making any commitments (that includes sex).
7. His usual body language is closed off, and he is using things like his phone or food to distract himself.
If you’re at a party and you see your crush talking to other people but they are not paying any attention to you as if you don’t exist, there’s no point in trying to be their friend or even making a move because they have no interest in getting to know who “you” are for real.
Closed off body language means that this person is also involved with someone else emotionally which makes it hard for him/her to allow anyone else into the relationship; whether its an ex-girlfriend or fiancee, he would still be committed just as I was before realizing that my ex-fiancee wasn’t who I thought she was.
8. He tells you to follow his social media accounts but doesn’t follow you back.
He tells you to follow his social media accounts but doesn’t follow you back and when he finally does, he likes your photos after days of not following you.
If someone is interested in knowing more about you as a person, they’ll want to stay updated on what’s going on in your life by viewing your posts and seeing who your friends are because people from our past can tell us so much about who we are today if we take the time out to pay attention.
9. You’ve done something special for him like baking a cake or greeting him with flowers when he comes home and all he says is wow, thank you that’s so nice of you.
A genuine person will appreciate someone who takes the time out to show them that they care, and he will remember such little gestures and even talk about it with others as well. If he’s not interested in getting to know you more than just as a friend then what are you doing wasting your time on him? (Also if he or she has no idea how to use your name properly, its because he doesn’t give a damn.)
10. He is talking to other people around you but when you come by, he or she leaves whatever conversation was going on before and offers their attention only to you without saying much afterwards;
Kind of like those girls whose boyfriends leave them for their ex girlfriends who they used to ignore.
11. He checks you out and smiles but when you smile back he pretends like he didn’t see it or doesn’t notice you at all.
12. When the two of you are alone, he tells you how much he loves his friends, family and co-workers but somehow always manages to drag your name into everything without noticing that its bothering you while not saying as much about himself unless prompted by someone else.
This could be due to his mixed feelings about committing to a long term relationship because he’s already seeing someone else emotionally (or maybe even physically) thus making this person feel insecure the moment anyone else enters the picture which is why he doesn’t say much about himself to others.
13. He stops initiating any kind of contact with you for no apparent reason or is less interested in anything that you have to say unless prompted by someone else.
The only time I ever saw my ex-fiancee show any interest in me was when her friends were around, and it wasn’t because she liked me but rather because she wanted them to think that we had a perfect relationship going on like the ones they all had which made her want to be just like them without realizing that they weren’t happy being in those relationships as much as they pretended to be whenever we were together. It didn’t matter what I did for her because if it wasn’t in public then it didn’t exist, and all that mattered was making her look good so she could feel secure in a relationship which wasn’t about love and caring. She encouraged others to depend on me for support but yet she refused to accept my help when I gave it freely because in the end no one can be there for you better than you yourself. Its like how parents tell us not to trust strangers even though they themselves might have been strangers to each other before falling in love with one another, but as long as he or she doesn’t try to take advantage of your kindness then its ok otherwise please don’t let him take advantage of you ever.
Being nice is cool, but being used and abused after giving someone all that you have to offer without asking for anything in return is not cool at all. Ladies, the words that you speak go a long way in influencing the people around you which is why if your friends and family are saying something about someone then listen to them because they might not be wrong about him especially when it comes to matters of the heart ❤️
Hope this helps! 🙂
Can’t reply back for now but I’m glad that you liked this article! 🙂 If anyone else could help me out by sharing some of their own thoughts and experiences about relationships then I would be very grateful, so please feel free to leave a comment below 👇👇